Re: Diffing two equivalent tables

From: Jyotheesh Sukumaran <jsukumar_at_mail.mia.bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 02:38:38 GMT

Try this.

select column1,column2, column3 from table A minus
select column1,column2, column3 from table B;

the output will be all the rows in table A which are not present in B.

You can also do the reverse viz

select column1,column2, column3 from table B minus
select column1,column2, column3 from table A;

this will give all rows in table B not contained in table A.