Re: create a user to connect a oracle server on solaris 2.6

From: Allan Nelson <nels212_at_austin360.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 21:35:37 -0500

David Novo wrote:

> Anybody knows how can I create an account or a user to connect a oracle
> server 804 ??
> When I try to connect by SQL plus always refuse me !!

  Since you are on Solaris, you can test by pulling up a shell window. Make sure the ORACLE_SID is set to the sid of the database you have created. You must also define ORACLE_HOME which is the directory in which you have installed Oracle, hopefully something like /d1/app/oracle/product/8.0.4.

Then try sqlplus system/manager which should connect you to your database.

The syntax for creating users is:

CREATE USER user_name IDENTIFITED BY PASSWORD DEFAULT TABLESPCE ts_name
TEMPORARY TABLESPCE ts_name
and so on.

Allan Received on Tue Aug 04 1998 - 21:35:37 CDT