Q: Parameters for Oracle ODBC Driver in SQLConfigDataSource?

From: <resmith98_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 21:44:16 GMT

I'm trying to use SQLConfigureDataSource to create a system DSN to connect to an Oracle Database using the Oracle ODBC Driver (v08.00.0400).

I've gotten this far:

"DSN=OracleDSN" for the Data Source Name
"Description=Description of DSN" for the Description
"Server=BEQ-LOCAL" for the Service Name
"User=Fred" for the User ID
"Attributes=W" or "R" for the Database Connection Option
"AppAttributes=T" or "F" for enabling Thread Safety

I have not been able to determine the strings to set the following values:

Prefetch Count
Translation Option
Translation DLL

I found plenty of documentation on the parameters to use with the MS Oracle ODBC Driver, but *nothing* for Oracle's ODBC Driver.