Oracle 8, Windows, and JDBC question

From: Marc Respass <no_spam_at_all.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 20:58:04 GMT

Hi,

I am planning to build a Java front-end to a new database. We've yet to decide on a SQL database backend but I am leaning toward Oracle based solely on reputation and the feeling that MS SQL Server is simply too immature. I'm looking over the JDBC docs and noticing DLLs. Do I have to install a DLL on each client to use JDBC with Oracle? What do my Mac users and web users do?

Thanks

Marc Respass
High Technology Logistics
marc_at_htl.com Received on Tue Aug 04 1998 - 15:58:04 CDT