Context external filter problem with PowerPoint files

From: john <john_at_abhl.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 19:14:19 GMT

My problem is that I can't get ConText to recognize and index PowerPoint version 7 (or Word files) using external filters. Has anyone successfully used PowerPoint files with context external filters?

I'm using Oracle 8.0.4 on Windows NT 4 with Context 2.3.6.0.0

-again no errors but none of the powerpoint files get indexed as if they
don't exist. This exact setting works fine with Acrobat files. 'tablename.pptfile' column is a VARCHAR2(100) which contains the name of the powerpoint files. As far as I can tell there are no errors. Where can I look for errors? I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

-steve

sshomali_at_unitech1.com Received on Tue Aug 04 1998 - 14:14:19 CDT