Re: View V$SESSION

From: Oliver Deter <100.149897_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 19:27:27 GMT

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998 16:37:35 +0200,
 "Gilles FLORENTIN" <gflorentin_at_hol.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A simple question : is the V$SESSION view not accessible to users that are
> not DBA equivalent ?
>
> There is a public synonym on this view, but I cannot access it with a simple
> user (ie only granted with CONNECT and RESOURCE roles).
>
> Thanks for answers

You have a public synonym as 'normal' user, but you don't have an an object-privilege (select) on sys.v_$session. You must give the select-privilege on sys.v_$session to your user (as sys). As dba_user you have the system-privilege 'select any table'. So you have automatically the right to select on sys.v$session.

Hope this helps

Oliver Received on Tue Aug 04 1998 - 14:27:27 CDT