Moving 7.2.3 from AIX to Sun-Solaris.

From: Hans Tore Bråten <hans.braaten_at_canaldigital.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 14:10:55 +0200

Hi!
I'm going to move a huge Oracle 7.2.3 db from AIX to 4.1.4.0 Sun Solaris 2,6.
The old db contains only Oracle raw disks (including the control files)

Is it possible to take a full backup of all the raw devices from the old db, and then create the oracle disk volume on the Sun machine and restore the raw data files into the Sun machine?

I have used this method to create a test db, but that was on the same Unix plattform.

Please give me some feedback!

Best regards,

Hans Received on Tue Aug 04 1998 - 07:10:55 CDT