Re: extremely long

From: Chris Kempster <c.kempster_at_cowan.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 17:12:27 +0800

Create a massive rollback segment, then in SQL*Plus, do a:

set transaction <???> <specify rollback seg to use>; commit;

(sorry, I cant quite remember the syntax)

then start the drops.

This will force the session to use the large rollback seg.

Make sure you dont have archive logging ON, if your archive_dest becomes full the DB will hang.

Apart from that, kill all jobs on server, clear out the rollback segs and temp seg, startup DB in restricted mode and start the drops again.