Q: OWAS3.01 accessibility

From: Robert Städter <staedter_at_mail.boku.ac.at>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 15:42:17 +0200

I have just installed OWAS3.01 on an NT4.0 server and started the admin server process as well as the default process "www". However, I can only access these listeners from a browser running on the NT server machine and not from any other workstation PC.

I understand that I need a DNS entry for my NT server in order to access it from other PCs via "http://myNTserver.mydomain/" but shouldn't I be able to access it anyway by using its IP address: "http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/"? Because that does not work either.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
-- Robert Städter

   University for Agriculture Sciences
   Vienna, Austria Received on Mon Aug 03 1998 - 08:42:17 CDT