Re: Oracle Web Application Server

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 11:07:07 GMT

> Sorry but you've completely misunderstood this thread - I'm talking
> about a database which holds credit card information, personal details
> etc, not a toy site that remembers your name each time you log on!
>
> Ie, security is of utmost importance hence I'm saying that cookies are
> not suitable - in an intranet it's safe to use cookies as they won't
> be left on user's machines outside of the business.
>
> In no way did I say that cookies aren't reliable or can't handle a
> large number of hits.
>
> Sorry for the misunderstanding...!

I still don't understand, Are you saying that session cookies get left on a machine after you close the session. do you know what a session is?, Do you know what a cookie is. When cookie data gets transmiited are you saying that if you are using a secure connection the cookie data gets sent out of a secure connection. Are you saying that you can't encrypt a cookie with an algorithm.

Adios