Re: "Oracle Lock Won't Go Away : ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified

From: Jeroen van Sluisdam <Jeroen.van.Sluisdam_at_vrijuit.nl>
Date: 3 Aug 1998 10:13:56 GMT

Hi,

Stopping and starting did not help ?? Sounds impossible and like somnething that is
executed before you look again. Oracle doesn't remove sessions if they're doing something rather essential. For me also a bit vague. Are you sure you're looking at the right session ? Try to find out through v$session and v$sqlarea which script is doing exactly what because i suspect something
else is doing something unexpected. Maybe you can put a commit or rollback in this Unix-script when it ends prematurely to be sure it doesn't happen again.

Jeroen