Re: Moving table to another tablespace

From: Nevin and Cynthia Hahn <lllacey_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 00:44:07 -0600

TurkBear,

I notice that the other replies suggested using export/import I would re-suggest the method you allude to only with the trick

create table different_name
as (select * from original_name)
tablespace new_tabspace;

This moves all the data at the same time as creating the new table. drop the original_name table
and rename the different_name table to original_name

This method is much much faster than the export/import method!!