Can use SET INSTANCE to shutdown but not startup!

From: <johnvue_at_gte.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 15:52:15 GMT

I can't seem to use SET INSTANCE to start an instance. I can successfully shutdown the instance but starting it up gives me different errors depending on whether I'm on the same machine or from a remote machine. I can definitely do a startup if I do the standard "oraenv" to SID2.

The screen output follows below.

What's the trick to this?

Thanks.