Invalid ORACLE Home

From: Chris Kempster <c.kempster_at_cowan.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 10:38:06 +0800

Upon building a DB, I buggered up the ORACLE HOME entry and added and extra / at the end of the path. For example:

ORACLE_HOME=/a_apps/oracle/

should be:

ORACLE_HOME=/a_apps/oracle

This is a problem for developers as many scripts assume no / and will append it themselves.

After trying a control file rebuild, I still have a problem as the system tablespace database also has the oracle home encoded into it. As a control file rebuild on works on selected values, ie. SID name change for example for other database files, the oracle home value is not one of them.

Apart from totally rebuilding the database from scratch, any ideas?

Thanks

Chris. Received on Sat Aug 01 1998 - 21:38:06 CDT