Re: Unable to extend table

From: Allan Nelson <nels212_at_austin360.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 17:50:13 -0500

bmolish_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> I am a newbie at Oracle and our main sys admin has left the company.
>
> I just created a brand new oracle database using the NT instance manager, and
> proceeding with running the catalog, catproc, pupbld sql scripts. My
> enviroment is WinNT 4.0 using Oracle Workgroup server 7.34.
>
> The database started sucessfully, and then I proceeded to run an internal
> script that creates tables and then creates rolls and grants rolls. This
> script has worked fine in 7.32 versions of Unix
>
> I keep getting an error which I didn't understand nor can figure out what to
> do.
>
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursize SQL level 1
> ORA-01653: unable to extend table SYS.OBJAUTH$ by 5 in tablespace SYSTEM.
>
> the line in the script that casues this error is:
> CREATE ROLE SYNCHROROLE;
> grant all on SYNCHRO.synchropublication to synchroRole;
>
> *Note the only tablespace that I currently have setup at this point is SYSTEM.
>
> any help would be greatfull.

  You ran out of space in the system tablespace as you no doubt know by now. You will also need to drop the application tables your in house script created in system and create an application tablespace for those tables. In general it is a very poor idea to create non system objects in the system tablespace.

Allan Received on Sat Aug 01 1998 - 17:50:13 CDT