Re: Update performance

From: Murali Kazhipurath <murali_at_jps.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 09:05:54 -0700

Jim,

UPDATE operation involves writing data and logging and this will definitely take more time. What I would recommend you to do is to check the query execution plan of your update statement. Make sure that the plan is good. If not, find out whether building indexes would help your query.

I saw the hardware and software details that you have posted. Could you also post your SQL code?

Murali

Murali Kazhipurath                                            E-Mail:
murali_at_jps.net
President and Lead Technical Consultant     Phone: (916) 773 1918
Kaustubam Systems, Inc.                                Fax:      (916) 773
8147
5098 Foothills Blvd., Ste 3-377                      Mobile: (916) 508 8147
Roseville, CA 95747                                        Pager : (530) 883
2300 or

www.smartpage.net/murali/