dbms_sql.parse and WNDS pragma

From: Helmut Hahn <Helmut.Hahn_at_bitoek.uni-bayreuth.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:37:00 +0200

Hi,

I try to build a package which uses dynamic SQL (that means TableName and ColumnName for the statement are parameters). So far as I know I must use dbms_sql.parse to do this. This works fine for a procedure, but I must use this in a select statement so a function is necessary. But then I get a pragma violation for this function, because dbms_sql.parse has no pragma assigned (maybe because DDL statements are executed at once).

Or in short how do implement a function MyFunc so that the following is possible (in 8.0.4) ?

select MyPackage.MyFunc('TableName','FieldName',PK_ID) from dual;

Any help would be great!

Helmut Received on Thu Jul 30 1998 - 02:37:00 CDT