Oracle for AIX vs. Oracle for the RS/6000 SP

From: GreenRaven <GreenRaven_at_worldnet.spam/less.att.net>
Date: 31 Jul 1998 01:03:27 GMT

Hi. I just heard from a business acquaintance that Oracle 7.3.4 for AIX and Oracle 7.3.4 for the RS/6000 SP are 2 real different products, and that the version for the SP has been a) buggy and is b) "tail-end charlie" for patches etc.

Has anyone here had experience with Oracle/SP that they can share, or has anyone heard the same rumours <grin>?

We currently have an F50 and need to buy a larger production machine and a data warehouse server. The 2 options we've got are a 2 node SP or 1 F50 with a lot of disk for the Warehouse and an S70 for the production machine. Up until I heard about this Oracle/SP thing we were leaning in the SP direction (all machines will be running Oracle).

Thanks in advance. If you like you can e-mail me at work - Elizabeth/underscore/McMullen/at/bcgroup/dot/com (replace the /punctuation/ with the appropriate symbol.

Thanks!
Liz Received on Thu Jul 30 1998 - 20:03:27 CDT