semget error Oracle 7.3.3.0 HP-UX 10.20

From: Yan Lau <ylau_at_iworks.interworks.org>
Date: 30 Jul 1998 21:38:18 GMT

We are seeing the following error message. What does it mean? Do we have an OS or filesystem file problem? Or it is an Oracle issue? Is there a value which can be tune or did we reach some fixed limit? We have a lot of SIDs.

Thanks,
Yan.

SVRMGR> Echo                            ON
SVRMGR>         set stoponerror on
Stoponerror                     ON
SVRMGR>         connect internal
Connected to an idle instance.
SVRMGR>         shutdown abort
ORACLE instance shut down.
SVRMGR>         startup nomount

ORA-07279: spcre: semget error, unable to get first semaphore set. HP-UX Error: 28: No space left on device Additional information: 1
ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-07318: smsget: open error when opening sgadef.dbf file. HP-UX Error: 2: No such file or directory

ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-07318: smsget: open error when opening sgadef.dbf file. HP-UX Error: 2: No such file or directory Received on Thu Jul 30 1998 - 16:38:18 CDT