Re: time performance SQLPLUS VS SQL Worksheet

From: Igor Kirasirov <kir_at_aix.krid.crimea.ua>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:15:08 GMT

orsano wrote:

> Hi.
> Is there someone who can tell me why running sqllpus queries into SQL
> Worksheet I've
> faster time response than using a stored procedure (with the same query)
>
> called into SQLPLUS?
> May be SQLPLUS and SQL Worksheet use a different default Oracle
> optimizer.

To my mind it is true. I tried to execute absolitely same query with ORDER clause into SQL*Plus from 7.3.2 for AIX and from Developer/2000. I got different return. It was good trick!

--

With best regards,
Igor Kirasirov

                    --oOo--

   Igor Kirasirov            mailto:kir_at_aix.krid.crimea.ua
 Simferopol, Crimea          voice : work  +38-0652-521-032
     Ukraine                         home  +38-0652-275-956