Re: Long Raw Datatype

From: <lyall_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:08:51 GMT

In article <6pq5ee$5sh$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   prabalbis_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> I have to create a column in a table which will have data verying from
> 10bytes
> to 241000 bytes, and if i store it as a long raw datatype, it says that "you
> cannot select a value longer than 32760 bytes from a long raw column to a
> long
> raw variable". So what can I do to select the whole column.

Usually you store images or actual whole text documents into LONG RAW or LONG datatypes. If you want to do anything with these in Forms then you would make an image item for images or you can simply use an OLE object to view the documents.
Give us a little more info.
Are you storing actual documents? Do you want to see this stuff through SQL+, Forms, Graphics?

Lyall