Perl Cartridge in OWAS 3.0 on NT

From: Pei L. Ku <pku_at_gte.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 20:52:10 -0700

Hi all,

I'm having a couple of problems with running Perl scripts in Perl Cartridge in OWAS 3.0 on NT 4:

  1. I wrote a CGI Perl script used as the "action" in a HTML form I wrote. I have tried both 'post' and 'get' methods, but so far I have not been able to see any of the form field values that the form is supposed to pass to the Perl script. Environment variable QUERY_STRING is not defined when I use the 'get' method.
  2. Speaking of environment variables, in the Perl script I wrote a simple 'foreach' loop to dump out all the %ENV values. The only env var defined is REMOTE_CLIENT. What happened to the rest of NT env vars? (e.g., PATH). Of course, QUERY_STRING is missing as well when the Perl script is invoked thru a 'get' HTML form. However, the Perl script is able to find plus80 properly (so it must have access to PATH) and is able to connect to a local database (so it must have access to ORACLE_SID). So what gives?

Any help would be appreciated...

Pei Received on Wed Jul 29 1998 - 22:52:10 CDT