Re: Problem with dynamic create table inside procedure using DBMS_SQL

From: Alexey M. Reshetov <real_at_kpbank.ru>
Date: 30 Jul 1998 01:54:33 GMT

lcsantos_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
: Hello All!

: I´m gotting the error ORA-01031: insufficient privileges when I try to
: execute a procedure that has a call to dbms_sql to create a table. The user
: running the procedure has create table privilege. If I try to create the table
: in SQL*plus, all works fine. If I use a anonymous PL/SQL block in SQL*Plus to
: create the table with DBMS_SQL, all works fine. The problem is just with the
: DBMS_SQL Create table INSIDE a procedure.

: The worst: If I try to do same with a DROP TABLE (the same table,
: created direct in SQL*Plus) with DBMS_SQL inside the procedure, all works
: fine!!!

: I have tested this in Oracle 7.3.3.5.0 for NT, 7.3.3.0.0 for Digital
: Unix and 7.3.3.4.0 for HP-UX. In all three I got the same error! Is this a
: generic bug in 7.3.3 release? Does anyone knows if in 7.3.4 is this fixed?

: Thanks for any help!

: Best regards
: Luis Santos
: lsantos_at_pobox.com, luiss_at_boavista.com.br

: http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum

Try the next from sys:

SQL> grant execute on dbms_sql to your_username;

Alexey Reshetov
real_at_kpbank.ru Received on Wed Jul 29 1998 - 20:54:33 CDT