Re: Substitutions

From: Alexey M. Reshetov <real_at_kpbank.ru>
Date: 30 Jul 1998 00:41:50 GMT

Gocha Mchedlishvili (gocham_at_mci2000.com) wrote:
: I want to make SP, which propts for user name and password and then creates
: the user
: I wrote the code

: CREATE USER &UserName IDENTIFIED BY &PWord
: GRANT CREATE ANY TABLE TO &UserName

: When I run this script, I'm prompted twice for username.

: How to make it to prompt it only once?

: Thanks

: Gocha

Do you mean under SP Stored Procedure or SQL*Plus? You can't use SQL*Plus peculiarities, such as '&variable' in stored procedures.

In SQL*Plus script it will be the next:

CREATE USER &&UserName IDENTIFIED BY &&PWord; GRANT CREATE ANY TABLE TO &&UserName;

Good luck!

Alexey Reshetov
real_at_kpbank.ru Received on Wed Jul 29 1998 - 19:41:50 CDT