Re: v$ tables and stored procedures

From: Suresh Bhat <suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 21:33:20 GMT

First of all do not give any users dba privileges. It is dangerous unless you are the only user and the dba.

Secondly if you want to access tables inside procedures, packages and functions, you need to grant the access to those tables to the user explicitly with the grant command via dba account.

Lastly, v$ tables are really v_$tables. All v$tables are public synonyms.

Therefore, you should

grant select on v_$session to ops$username;

etc. for the v$tables that you want to give access to the users.

jpoconnell_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in article <6po263$juf$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...