Re: Problem creating trigger

From: <Campbell_White_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 19:52:10 GMT

In article <35BEEA75.D71B1B52_at_exlibris.co.il>,   Ariel Kirson <arielk_at_exlibris.co.il> wrote:  I would like to know
> where I can find information on "Troubleshooting", or
> "FAQs" on creating triggers.
> So far I have looked in my "Server SQL Lan. Ref. Man."
> with no success.
>
> I would appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ariel Kirson
> Ex Libris.

First, try visiting the "Archives" section of the "PL/SQL Pipeline". You will find a free 14-page white paper called "Using Oracle7 Triggers to Implement Business Rules", by Kevin Owens. It suggests an excellent approach to designing triggers. http://www.revealnet.com/pipeline.htm

Second, try downloading a 15-day trial version of the RevealNet PL/SQL Knowledge Base. It has a comprehensive section on Trigger design, guidelines, etc. with numerous examples. http://www.revealnet.com

Best wishes,

Cam White
RevealNet, Inc.