Re: Oracle Web Application Server

From: Russell Fray <russ_at_u-net.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 15:33:58 GMT

Hi,

>1. Normal web Form which prompts for username and password.
>2. Lookup username and password in password table and verify.
>3. Set a cooky with the users ID.

That's very dangerous though ... the method described in the last post worked a treat and very simply. Not wanting to sound rude and I do appreciate your post, but I really would recommend having a look at re-writing the OWA_INIT package.

The method you describe could very easily be monitored using a packet sniffer. If you are using cookies it sounds like you are completely intranet, hence it's not too bad, but my DB is going to be accessed by 25,000 users from around the world via HTTP, hence I needed the basic HTP authentication system :)

Thanks,
Russ. Received on Wed Jul 29 1998 - 10:33:58 CDT