Creating initial databases after installation (Digital UNIX)

From: Brian O'Neill <Brian_ONeill_at_uml.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:03:06 -0400

OK, I'm new at this Oracle thing, and it seems they didn't send me all of the manuals.

I just installed Oracle8 under Digital UNIX 4.0D. Now, how exactly do I create the initial database? Using the orainst program and telling it to "create database objects" seems to result in nothing happening.

svrmgrl has a "create database" command which requires parameters, but I can find no documentation which mentions what the parameters are.

The Oracle web site mentions the DBA Guide, but I have nothing called that...and they sent a lot of version 7 docs, not version 8.

Can anyone refer me to a _good_ book on Oracle administration?

--

Brian O'Neill - Director of Computing, Computer Science (978) 934-3645 University of Massachusetts Lowell <*> Brian_ONeill_at_uml.edu Acting Postmaster Received on Wed Jul 29 1998 - 08:03:06 CDT