Re: Standby Database on NT4 (automating recovery)

From: Jared Hecker <jared_at_pandora.planet.net>
Date: 29 Jul 1998 12:49:40 GMT

The easiest solution would be to pick up a set of Unix utilities and do this from a shell session. E.g., MKS utilities, Interix (formerly OpenNT). Former has more Unix utilities, latter turns NT into a POSIX-compliant machine (and includes perl as well as bash, csh and ksh, by the way).

Failing that, you might look at a batch language for Windows such as Winbatch, that should be able to handle it.

hth -

Regards,
jh

test (sgarth_at_welcom.co.uk) wrote:
: Hello!
: I'm in need of a solution to a simple(???) problem.
: I'm implementing a "Standby database" system (Oracle7.3.3 on NT4/Intel),
: and I need a way to automate the recovery process of the standby database.

: I can get the log files over to the standby machine and fire off the
: recovery ok, but when the Standby Database finishes recovering all available
: logfiles, it says it cant find the next file (True, 'cos it's not there!),
: then prompts you for what to do next (CANCEL, AUTO, Accept the given default
: file name, enter another filename).

: The backup& recovery handbook (Mcgrawhill's one) is very good- but the
: examples are UNIX based:
: svrmgrl <<EOF
: connect internal/oracle
: recover standby database
: cancel
: EOF

: This is great if you've got a unix server, but no good for "DOS" based
: servers. I just need a way to issue the "cnacel" command!!

: Someone out there's made this work!!!! (surely??)

: Any help greatly appreciated.

: Please mail possable solutions to wparsons_at_welcom.co.uk

: From Will

--

Jared Hecker	| HWA Inc. - Oracle architecture and Administration
jared_at_hwai.com	|  ** serving NYC and New Jersey **