Re: INTERNAL Password

From: Werner Rammer <w.rammer_at_lgsoft.at>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:14:01 +0200

Dear Paul!

I suggest you find out the internal passwd in a .cmd file called startorcl.cmd (or something like this), located in ORACLE_HOME/DATABASE. It is used to start the DB Services and Instance, and looks like:

d:\orant\bin\oradim73.exe -startup -sid ORCL -usrpwd <my_internal_passwd> -starttype srvc,inst -pfile d:\orant\database\initorcl.ora

If you canīt find that file, there is an .exe in the oracle_home\bin called orapwd73 (or something like this)- with it you should be able to change the passwd (although i never tried it).
And by the way you can try your SYS password.

werner