When to use multiple instances on one server?

From: BTINet News <jeffh_at_btitelecom.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 21:43:38 -0400

I am running one instance on Solaris 2.6 that has gotten very large (about 60 GB). This instance has about 10 applications that are fairly independant. I have been contemplating moving these apps to multiple instances.

What would be the advantages and disadvantages of moving these apps to multiple instances?

What criteria do you use to split apps into their own instances?

Thanks,
J Received on Tue Jul 28 1998 - 20:43:38 CDT