Re: Error ORA-01092: What is the timeout??

From: <mjain_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 00:37:21 GMT

Here is some useful information related to the message you got:-

ORA-01092 Oracle instance terminated. Disconnection forced

Cause: The instance connected to was terminated abnormally, probably due to a SHUTDOWN ABORT. The current process was forced to disconnect from the instance.

Action: Contact the database administrator to determine when the instance is restarted. Attempt to reconnect after the instance is running again.

Someone might have stopped the instance at night, it could be a backup program. Check AlertSID.LOG file to make sure that this happened. The shutdown may also be due to automatic scheduled backup etc, may the database server was rebooted during this time without properly closing the database.

Check AlertSID.LOG to detect what might have happened. Please let me know what you found. I am curious to what happened in your case.

Hope this helps,
Manoj Jain
Certified Oracle Professional - DBA
Chauncey Certfied Oracle7 - DBA