Re: what is 0 = 1

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:50:39 GMT

A copy of this was sent to hp_smith_at_my-dejanews.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 28 Jul 1998 20:31:48 GMT, you wrote:

>Does anyboday can tell me what is meaning of 0 = 1 for the following
>statement:
>
>create table stats$begin_roll
>as select * from v$rollstat where 0 = 1
>
>Thanks

It just creates an empty table that 'looks' like the query (same name/number/type of columns).... 0 = 1 is always false (we hope :)

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue Jul 28 1998 - 18:50:39 CDT