Re: LCC-00161 and ORA-1031 while starting a server

From: jhy <jhy_at_earthling.net>
Date: 28 Jul 1998 22:22:10 GMT

You didn't say which datafile you deleted. I haven't tried it, but if you blow away the datafile where the rollback segments resided and you list the rollback segments in your parameter file, then the error you see is not out of the question. I'm guessing that putting in an old backup copy of the deleted database file should get you to the point where Oracle will realize that recovery is required.