Re: what is 0 = 1

From: Cheng-Jih Chen <cjc_at_interport.net>
Date: 28 Jul 1998 17:03:02 -0400

In article <6plcfk$s5k$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,  <hp_smith_at_my-dejanews.com> wrote:
>Does anyboday can tell me what is meaning of 0 = 1 for the following
>statement:
>
>create table stats$begin_roll
>as select * from v$rollstat where 0 = 1

Looking at ?/rdbms/admin/utlbstat.sql, I see.

The SQL statement is a quick way to create a table (stats$begin_roll) with the same structure as another one (v$rollstat) but not populate it (where 0 = 1 always resolves to false). One other advantage is that it's relatively portable, in the sense that the structure of v$rollstat may change, but your create statement will still be valid. Received on Tue Jul 28 1998 - 16:03:02 CDT