Full export and import

From: Carlin Phillips <chao_at_cs.ubc.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:30:56 -0700

Just what does it take to fully import a database?

I have a brand new 8.0.4 database I created manually because orainst script didn't work. I ran scripts like: catalog.sql, catproc.sql,and pupbld.sql
to prepare for a full import from a 7.3.2 dmp file (exported by user ops$operator with dba role).

Created a user call temp with dba role and started the import.

I'm running in trouble with errors like user undefined and tablespace not found. Must I recreate all the users and their role/profiles. Isn't that what a full import is suppose to do? Can anyone tell me just what are the steps one needs to do for a successful import these days.

Thanks in advance.
--
Carlin Phillips <chao_at_cs.ubc.ca>
Dept. of Computer Science, UBC