Active Server Pages, ODBC, and Oracle

From: <olomis_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 17:28:32 GMT

Has anyone been able to connect to an Oracle database from an ASP using ADO and ODBC? I am trying to do that using the following code:

  Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

  Conn.ConnectionTimeout = Session("Conn_ConnectionTimeout")
  Conn.CommandTimeout = Session("Conn_CommandTimeout")
  Conn.Open Session("Conn_ConnectionString"), Session("Conn_RuntimeUserName"),
  Session("Conn_RuntimePassword")
  Set cmdTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")   cmdTemp.CommandType = 1
  Set cmdTemp.ActiveConnection = Conn
  Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

  cmdTemp.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM EMP"   RS.Open cmdTemp, , 1, 3

When I bring up this page in a browser, I get the following error message:

  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'   [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver]Descriptor type is out of range.
/testapp/dbview.asp, line 27 error 'ASP 0190'
  Unexpected error
/testapp/dbview.asp

  A trappable error occurred while releasing an external object.

Line 27, where the error is occurs, is the "RS.Open" line. I have tested the ODBC connection separately, and it works. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks,
Sayed