oracle trace file

From: Em Pradhan <empradhan_at_dplus.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:52:18 GMT

Hi
For past few weeks I got trace file generated telling me that the block is corrupted.
and error was ora-1578 telling me that this could be application driven. and also tells me
the file id and block id as XXXXX . Action for that is to recreate the segment and also call oracle support. To recreate the segment ..I need a help to find out which database object owning the block xxxxx. So far what I did is.. I drop the particular user having this problem and recreate this user and all his objects. This does help but my suspicion is since the block is there which was corrupted and DB will some time later try to reference that block again. So to me its a kind of time bomb ticking. If there is some sort of permanent solution .. please help me.
General DB outline

        RS6K - F50 , External disk IBM 7137-414 with RAID5 configuration.

        All the data resides on external disk.
        I also apply fsck on the external disk but it didn't help . The
corrupted file
        resides on external disk.

Any help will be gladly accepted and
Waiting for your help....

Thank you in advance

Pradhan Received on Tue Jul 28 1998 - 09:52:18 CDT