Re: Some plonker typed rm temp.dbf AAARRGGHHH!

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 09:24:07 +0200

David Greensmith escribió:
> =

> If you have archive logging enabled, the easiest way would be to
> restore the lost file from a backup, and then recover using the
> archived redo logs.

And if you don't, you can do the following:

shutdown the instance
Mount the db but do not open
alter database datafile '<path>/temp.dbf' offline drop; alter database open;
drop tablespace temp;
create tablespace temp ...

> David
> =

> welfers_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> =

> >A colleague decided to clear some space from a filesystem and deleted =
a dbf
> >file. Not surprisingly oracle is bleating about it. How do I fix it?
> >Fortunately the dbf was for temp tables and as far as I can make out n=
othing
> >was using it anyway. I tried to drop the tablespace but oracle complai=
ned
> >that it could not find the datafiles. I know how to create and drop
> >tablespaces etc but I would have thought the first job would be to tel=
> >oracle that the temporary tablespace no longer exists before adding it=
 again.
> >Before you ask the answer is "no we don't have any backups or archive =
logs or
> >exports." :(( Not my fault honest I did not know the machine existed u=
ntil
> >yesterday when I heard about the problem. It is my job to fix it so an=
y help
> >would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

=-----
> >http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Foru=
> =

> David Greensmith :-)
> (david_at_green1.demon.co.uk)

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Tue Jul 28 1998 - 02:24:07 CDT