Database co-existence

From: Jarek Palka <triss_at_zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:04:41 +0200

We two separate databases installed in one Oracle Home on machine with Windows NT. One is Oracle 7 and second is Oracle 8. I'd like to work with both databases concurrently. What have I do with listener ? Should I : 1. Startup both services OracleTNSListener and OracleTNSListener80 with different listener.ora files ?
2. Startup only one service (i.e OracleTNSListener80) with two listener.ora files ?
3.Startup only one service with one listsner.ora file ? How can I write listener.ora file for two different instances two different databases ?

Jarek Palka
Katowice, Poland Received on Mon Jul 27 1998 - 10:04:41 CDT