Re: ODBC client on DEC UNIX

From: Tim Haynes <thaynes_at_openlinksw.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 15:02:59 GMT

Hi, Just to try and lay this debate to rest, OpenLink do perfectly serviceable ODBC drivers where the client is unix, compliant to ODBC2 (and compatible with ODBC3). This is the main benefit of a multi-tier architecture, in that you can have as many generic clients on all sorts of OSs out there, all talking to one broker on your server machine, connecting to many different databases.

People out there do use unix as ODBC clients, too - at least one data mining tool comes to mind that runs on Solaris...

Check out http://www.openlinksw.com/ some time, for freely evaluatable ODBC/JDBC drivers.

Regards,

~Tim