Re: Transfering Oracle to New Unix box

From: Frank Zekert <zekert_at_wmd.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 12:46:51 +0200

Hi Matt,
remember that you also need to create approprate user accounts and groups entries (preferably identical names and IDs for both machines). If you have set up SQL*Net, also copy the appropriate configuration files (tnsnames.ora, listener.ora, oratab) from /etc.

As of AIX3.2x, ORACLE also installs "kernel extensions" for asynchronous IO (AIO), I don't know whether this is also necessary for AIX 4.x

Regards

Frank

mattnewcombe_at_my-dejanews.com schrieb in Nachricht <6p9p5m$kba$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...