A Question about Installing Oracle for Clinet?

From: Violin <violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 03:33:43 GMT

*****Need Help!*****
Hello,
Our company has a new application of Oracle7.3 . Lately,we want to install AP to some client PC. But I have a problem about installing Oracle for Windows 95. In common way,I will choose to install Oracle7 Clinet Software for Windows95,step by step completely install oracle for client, and then I can see Oracle for Windows95 group and the *.exe
(Like SQL Net Easy Configuration,SQL Plus 3.3,ODBC
administrator....etc.)
But I install in this way,users could change the value in tnsnames.ora through SQL Net easy configuration,
or connect to database by SQL Plus 3.3 (not only from my AP)

We hope the client PC be more simple.
Users couln't see the oracle for win95 group and its *.exe path, but still could connect to database.

I think maybe I need to copy some kinds of files(like *.dll, or nls files) to specified path(like c:\windows\system, c:\orawin)
Could anyone give me the file list for copy what files to what path in client?
(I could edit the tnsnames.ora,and I don't have to connect database
 through ODBC )

Thanks for your help!
Please Cc to :violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw,Thanks! Received on Sun Jul 26 1998 - 22:33:43 CDT