DG-UX4.0d + >2 Gb SGA ??

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 25 Jul 1998 07:12:15 GMT

Hi,

We are running an ALPHA 4100 server with 4Gb RAM and 2CPUs under Digital - machine delievered before merger :) - Unix 4.0d.

I'd like to run with a > 2Gb SGA but keep hitting a 'Digital Unix error 12 : Not enough space' when I try to start the RDBMS - v8.0.41.

Phoning DEC support gave the answer 'You need to up the value shm-max'. To which I replied that whenever I try to set this to a value of > 2Gb that the machine, at boot time, spits out a message to the console indicating that my entered value is too large and resets it to 2Gb.

The DEC support then came up with three other parameters - gc_chunks, per_proc_data_size and max_per_proc_data_size - to increase, but could not assure me that this would help in any way.

So, is anyone out there running a 4.0d machine with a SGA of > 2Gb and if so, would they care to give some hints ?

Thanks

IAP
--
I am using anti-spam measures, please replace 'not.valid' with 'value.net' Received on Sat Jul 25 1998 - 02:12:15 CDT