Slow response from Data Dictionary?

From: Subramaniam, Sridhar <sridhar.subramaniam_at_atmosenergy.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:27:19 -0500

Could it be possible that your SGA is very small to house the dictionary? Check with the UNIX admin guys for any excessive swapping, even when there is no 'application' activity. Do you experience the slow performance for all dictionary queries ? Does this only after happen after database startup, for a short time, before attaining a steady state.

Also, check your v$system_event, v$session_wait views for any abnormal waits.