Re: large imports not possible with a standard database?

From: Suresh Bhat <suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:17:58 GMT

Birgit,

I cannot answer why the standard database disk space is not enough, but here is what you can do to increase it.

As a DBA go into SQL*Plus and enter:

select tablespace_name, file_name, file_id, bytes, status   from dba_data_files
order by 1, 2;

This will give you the requiered information for increasing the size of the datafile. The command is:

alter database datafile 'c:\.....\....\' resize 50M;

where c:\...\...\ is the file name that you want resize ( increase).

That should do it.

Good luck !!!

suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com

Birgit Merschmann <B.Merschmann_at_invent.de> wrote in article <35b861e9.0_at_news.teuto.de>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the standard database from Oracle 7.3.2.... because we use it
for
> several clients with differant datas and we are searching für a standard
> configuaration appropiate for each company. It' s installed on Windows NT
> (Workstation: Windows 98 and Delphi 3 C/S)
> I've written a tool for the import of datas and it works fine for many
> tables but yesterday I tried to import a table with 550.000 sentences
> and after 440.000 nothing works anymore. No sentence was inserting
anymore.
> The database was full but the currently Size of my database is 140.000 KB
so
> it's not a large one and in many books you can read that the standard
> database should be enough for the most companies
> and that there is an autoextent for this situations. I'm a newbie in
ORACLE