Transfering Oracle to New Unix box

From: <mattnewcombe_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:54:46 GMT

Please help...

We are installing a new unix box with aix version 4.2.1.

We are moving all data and applications from our old unix box running aix version 4.1.4.

We are running Oracle version 7.2.2.

Will we just be able to backup the oracle product directory and restore it on to the new machine, Are there other configuration files located in other directories.

Are there other things that we should be aware of ?

Matt