ORACLE not available

From: <mgb15041965_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:53:16 GMT

We have been connecting to a new oracle NT server for about 3 months without any problems. Now I have tried to connect to the Oracle instance ORCL, but am

getting the following error message:

ERROR: ORA-01034: Oracle not available

ORA-09243: SMSGET: error attaching to SGA
OSD-04141: Invalid SGA: SGA not initialised
O/S-Error: (OS 203) The system could not find environmental option that was
entered.

Enter username:

I have read some documentation, but this only tells me to contact Oracle support to remedy this problem, still waiting for a reply. Has anyone had a similar problem, or can anyone explain the cause/solution to this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark Brown
e-mail: mbrown_at_gwent.nhs.gov.uk