OWAS 4.0 problems

From: Stefan Mueller <smueller_at_dimedis.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:49:33 +0200

Hello,

I've two problems with the perl cartridge in OWAS 4.0. First I want to write a nph-script in perl, but webserver buffers the output like he does with normal scripts. The same script works fine in apache.

The second problem I have is to fork a process. The parent process starts the child process and finish. The child process runs longer than the parent process. The script works fine in apache, but not in OWAS. OWAS waits until the child process finishs, too.

The child process contains:

close(STDIN);
open (STDIN, ">/dev/null");
close(STDOUT);
open (STDOUT, ">/dev/null");
close(STDERR);
open (STDERR, ">/dev/null");

setpgrp 0, $$;

Thanks in advance,

Stefan Received on Fri Jul 24 1998 - 02:49:33 CDT