DB Links not Active using Schema Manager

From: Rodger Talevski <Talevski.Rodger_at_cabs.com.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 15:22:10 +1000

Hi,

I'm using the schema manager in Enterprise manager to create a database link between two separate machines which are running Oracle 7.3 on NT 4.0, TITANIC and BISM. I have already created a link from BISM to TITANIC which is active when I hit the test button(schema manager) and works fine. I now want to create a DB link pointing the other way, ie from TITANIC to BISM. I have set up a SQL Net connect string using the SLQ Net Easy Configuration called BISM.

When I create the DB Link on TITANIC called BISM and then hit the Test button the dialog pops up indicating the DB Link is NOT active instead of being active.

Any suggestions anyone?????

Rodger

Solution 6 Australia

I successfully create the database link BISM Received on Fri Jul 24 1998 - 00:22:10 CDT